Data Subject Requests (DSARs) – Top Tips, Typical Errors & Brexit
If you’re dealing with data subject access requests (or DSARs), you need to watch our expert Guest Chefs, Shad Kayani and Matthew Barnes, give you tons of practical tips and real-life examples (including one about a prison!) and a superb quote from will.i.am.
Benchmark yourself on DSARs!
We cover areas such as:
- When do you keep it in-house, go external, or both?
- Can you go human-only or do you need to automate?
- How do you prepare for a DSAR?
- Can you communicate with the data subject?
- Do you want internal people reading all this?
- How long do they really take?
- What are others doing on this?
- Is 30 days enough time?
- When to extend?
- Common errors on redaction, eg: which part (if any) of email addresses do you redact?
- That prison example!
- And, of course, what are the effects of Brexit?
The Privacy Kitchen video
UK ICO Short Guide on DSARs
UK ICO Detailed Guide on DSARs
Shad Kayani and LeagueLions
Matthew Barnes and Content Capture Services